The Cool Impossible: A goal pursued by dreaming beyond fear and living beyond limits.
Featured in the bestselling book Born to Run, coach and performance guru Eric Orton has spent a lifetime learning and thinking about running and about the limitless possibilities of the human body and mind. In The Cool Impossible, Orton shares his wealth of knowledge in an inspiring step-by-step guide that will open up a new world of achievement for runners of all levels of ability and experience.
The truth is: Athleticism is awareness.
That simple phrase is at the core of The Cool Impossible. Athleticism requires awareness of form and technique, awareness of our effort level, and, most important, awareness of what we think (and don’t think). And with that awareness comes the possibility of endless potential and improvement, progress and mastery—and, ultimately, achievement that you never before would have thought possible.
With a program focused on proper running form, strength development, and cardiovascular training, Orton will help first-step beginners, prime-time competitors, and enduring veterans reach “the cool impossible”—the belief that any achievement, athletic or otherwise, is within our reach. Inside you’ll find:
- Foot strength exercises to catapult performance, combat injuries, and transform technique
- A total-body strength program aimed at creating an athletic running body
- Step-by-step run-form coaching for performance enhancement and lifelong healthy running
- A run-training program providing the building blocks for endurance, strength, and speed
- No-nonsense nutrition strategies for performance, health, and the ultimate running body
- Visualization and mind-training tactics to run and live the Cool Impossible
- And much more…
Includes a foreword by Christopher McDougall