Group Ultra Marathon Camps: Jackson Hole
These 3 day ultra camps are offered to private groups of ultra runners of all abilities looking to discover the "X factor" that will help propel their run performance to exponential heights.
Yes, you will learn ultra marathon fundamentals, but Eric's coaching talent lies in discovering the X Factor in everyone that helps catapult performance by leaps and bounds, not just small incremental improvements.
You and Your Friends, Three Days - Unleashing Your Ultra Running Potential.
So grab your run buddies and put together a small group of 2-5 runners and come train with one of the most sought after ultra coaches in the World, in one of the most beautiful areas of the World. Often called the Switzerland of the US, Jackson Hole is home to Coach Eric Orton, his training grounds, and his Mountain Running Academy.
Each day will include training that focuses on efficiency/economy, ascending and descending, proper intensity, strength running, and managing endurance on mountain trails.
This will be the most structured training of the day and will be performed as a group, but orchestrated so everyone is running and acheiving at their own level of ability.
This is the time for you to challenge yourself without any pressure of keeping up or being held back by a group.
Eric’s gift as a coach is being able to challenge and empower each individual in their own way based on their level of ability, race goals, and personal X Factor training needs.
Every run will have a training component and a purposeful, group dynamic, using the incredible mountain terrain as the classroom of self-knowledge, run transformation, and mental strength.
This coaching format and intimate group setting also provides runners the opportunity to engage in questions, discussions, and team camaraderie, which inevitably becomes the heart and soul of the experience and how the collective group empowers everyone.
The mountain’s were made to be explored and each day we will embark on a longer group run. This is where the magic of the mountains takes place, where the mind drifts to all things possible. You can decide whether to bring your own bear spray, but Eric will decide on a run format to accomplish an epic mountain running experience and allow you to put into action all that you are learning. The emphasis here is to exploring one of the most beautiful places on the planet.
The purpose of exploring is ultimately discovering something from within that lives with your forever. Yes, this means the unbelievable alpine peaks imbedded inside your minds eye and legs, but also the “feeling” that is created in your body that lights the fire to tackle your fears and do something you always dreamed of doing - to become an explorer of your running, of your goals, of what is possible. This is the natural gift from the mountain and the ultimate X Factor.
- improve their current ultra running potential
- increase race distance
- experience world class mountain running that will elevate what is possible
- serve as a 3 day training phase for an upcoming race
- Altitude training
- learn the intricacies of trail and mountain running
- develop effort management skills for race day implementation
- improve race pace strategies
- strength endurance training
- use heart rate in training and as a race strategy tool
- be "coached up" on personal ways to improve
- understand fueling strategies based on effort, terrain, and distance
- perfect uphill, downhill, and technical skills
- Learn how the body and mind work together to accomplish your goals
- live, breath running for 3 days and have an epic mountain adventure
What You Need to Know:
- Ultra camps are designed for small group of friends/acquaintances limited in size of 2-5 runners to allow a very close knit coaching environment.
- Runners in your group should have similar abilities and race goals.
- To allow for some free time and dietary flexibility, meals are NOT include with this camp.
- Tentative Camp Itinerary
- Group "leader" should email Eric to schedule and reserve group camp dates.
- Once your group has a confirmed camp date, Eric will send you a Runner Profile form to help him get a better understand of your goals and run background, AND to help him better coach you at camp.
- He will also send you a simple run test for you to perform prior to camp. The purpose of this is to establish heart rate training zones that will be used as a guide during the camp.
- Jackson Hole is a Global summer time resort destination, therefore, book your lodging reservations and airfare early.
2018 Camp Dates:
These 3 day private group camps are open between Mid July - Late Sept.
Email Eric TODAY to reserve your group dates: firstname.lastname@example.org
$699 per person
*Full refunds will be given up to 60 days prior to the start of camp.
For additional questions on the camp: email@example.com